Independent Work Abroad in Germany
The Independent Work Abroad Program in Germany provides work authorization for students enrolled at U.S. universities and colleges. Enrolled students from Canada and non-U.S. students attending accredited U.S. colleges and universities are also eligible.
Participants find their own host companies and negotiate the terms of employment. Programs start individually, usually at the beginning of each month. Applications are due at least six weeks prior to your desired start date.
Cultural Vistas’ Independent Work Abroad Program in Germany includes:
- Assistance during the application process
- Work authorization services in Germany
- Pre-departure information mailing
- Financial assistance for unpaid internships through the Cultural Vistas Scholarship Fund (apply separately, based on need)
- Health insurance (at an additional cost of $55 per month)
- Support throughout your program in Germany and the United States
- Re-entry toolkit and tips on marketing your international experience to U.S. employers
- U.S. and international citizens enrolled in U.S. colleges and universities and Canadian citizens enrolled in U.S. or Canadian colleges and universities are eligible for the program.
- At least two years of university level studies in the field of your major
- Basic knowledge of German (company can waive this requirement)
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Please apply at least six weeks prior to your desired start date.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org